[mythtv-users] HDHomeRun HDTV network tuner

Michael Freeman mlfreeman at gmail.com
Wed Mar 1 04:04:17 UTC 2006

if the silicondust people are listening, you ought to put in a QPSK tuner so
we can latch onto the Forward Data Channel and no longer have to guess what
lies where...being able to get the digital cable info feed would be nice.
we could tell what's encrypted, what listing channel maps to what physical
feed, etc.  none of the QPSK tuners out there seem to cost less than a
grand, since they're all lab equipment.
it's somewhere between 0-150 MHz, 2.048 Mbit data flow, 3 MHz bandwidth...i
think typically it resides around 75.25 MHz.

i don't need more tuners, but i'd buy one easily just for that.  just to get
the data off the QPSK carrier to where i can start hacking on a decoder for
it.
and i know other people would buy it at that point too.