[mythtv-users] air2pc + HD3000 not working together

Dan Valega zippyelectron at gmail.com
Wed Mar 1 03:10:54 UTC 2006

Thanks to the 2 list users who posted the firmware file(s) I now have
the firmware installed for a
air2pc 1st gen card using BCM3510 frontend. I still can't get it to
load the firmware, even though the card is reported in dmesg

drivers/media/dvb/b2c2/skystar2.c: FlexCopIIB(rev.195) chip found
drivers/media/dvb/b2c2/skystar2.c: the chip has 38 hardware filters
skystar2: A frontend driver was not found for device 13d0/2103
subsystem 13d0/2103

I can still use my HD3000 card OK, and it moved up to card 1 from card
0 in mythsetup.

This is on FC3_X86_64 with  kernel 2.6.12-1.1381

Everything I've read says the support for the card is in the kernel &
I thought I just had to put the firmware in the right place, what am I
not doing to get it to load firmware ?
Thanks