[mythtv-users] Reinstall JUST mythlcdserver?

Ben Lancaster lists at benlancaster.co.uk
Fri Jun 30 22:42:04 UTC 2006

On 30 Jun 2006, at 21:56, Michael T. Dean wrote:

> On 06/30/2006 04:45 PM, Robin Gilks wrote:
>>> I've been having a few problems with my MythTV box not working with
>>> LCDd 0.5.0, and I'd like to install the "one-line patch" fixed
>>> version. So, my question is:
>>>
>>> is it possible to build + install mythlcdserver without doing the
>>> whole lot from source?
>> I see no reason why you shouldn't be able to provided that after
>> comiling
>> in th fix you *DON'T* do a 'make install' but just copy the
>> mythlcdserver
>> binary across.
>
> Assuming the new version is binary compatible (same library versions,
> etc.)...  Really, the right solution is to upgrade all or none...
> (Same
> version of mythfrontend, mythbackend, and all plugins on /all/
> systems.)

Thanks all. My plan was to just download the official 0.19 tarball,
and patch the mythlcdserver file (need to change a '0.5.0dev' to just
'0.5' on one line), recompile and copy the resultant binary, however
I'm having a helluva time getting the thing to build! So i guess this
thread would have been better titled "build mythlcdserver without
mythtv"...

I think I'll just hold out for an official release.

Ben