[mythtv-users] MythTV Hardware Recommendations - Stability is the Key

Sasha Z kleptophobiac at gmail.com
Fri Jun 30 15:13:29 UTC 2006

I find the backend to be very stable, but the frontend crashes or
hangs all the time. It's not the hardware, but the software. If you
really exercise mythfe, it really crashes and burns. I've got a button
on the remote that I sharpied in as a mythfrontend reset. It crashes a
lot when dealing with mythmusic and livetv... Most other things are
fairly stable. My backend was up for 147 days before I took it down to
drop in another PVR-150. ;)