[mythtv-users] mytharchive

bryce cottam bwcottam at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 30 06:18:13 UTC 2006

--- Andy Hohenner <hohenner at comcast.net> wrote:

> bryce cottam wrote:
>

> >--- Steve Daniels <steve.p.daniels at googlemail.com>

Well... it turns out that the SVN doesn't update the
yum installed version at all.  It is in a different
directory.  Yum installs it to /usr/bin SVN installs
to /usr/local/bin and winds up having some error
finding libmythfreemheg-0.19.so.0, it is actually
located in /usr/local/lib/libmythfreemheg-0.19.so.0 so
I made a sym-link to
/usr/bin/libmythfreemheg-0.19.so.0 as well as adding a
myth.conf in /etc/ld.so.conf.d/ with the path
/usr/local/lib for the libraries.  This resolved the
library issue, but the fact still remains that SVN
doesn't update a yum install of myth-suite.  All of
the plugins are missing and themes etc.  I don't know
if plugins are a matter of just copying (or
sym-linking) binaries to a subdirectory of the myth
install dir or what, so I just un-installed the thing
and reverted back to my yum install of myth-suite.

If anyone figures out how to get mytharchive working
with a binary distribution of myth, I would LOVE to
hear about it.  Or, on the other hand, if anyone knows
the particulars of migrating from a yum install to an
SVN install, I would also be equally interested.

Thanks!!