[mythtv-users] No Alsa output without OSS emulation?

Sage sage at gypsycaravan.com
Fri Jun 30 02:00:00 UTC 2006

Thanks for the response.  So to clarify:

1. Even if ALSA is installed, MythTV does not work without OSS
emulation, and this is normal.
2. --disable-oss should *only* be used on systems that do not have OSS
or OSS emulation available, such as Mac OS X, because it cripples
MythTV's functionality in ways the user may not expect.

Correct?