[mythtv-users] cannot watch livetv

Dan G dang at fastmail.fm
Wed Jun 28 20:31:00 UTC 2006

I'm running a fully update Ubuntu Dapper install with IVTV 0.4.6 and
mythtv SVN from late last week.  Two hauppauge 150 tuners were
working fine.

I can successfully schedule, record tv, and watch recordings, but I
cannot watch live tv.  When I select 'livetv', the screen just
flashes from tuner to menu and back about once every second.  While
it is doing this, the frontent becomes unresponsive and just records
a series of livetv mpgs, 1 meg each, to disk until it eventually just
gives up and dumps me back to the menu.

I don't think its a permission issue, since it is writing
successfully to the directory.  And it was working up until the most
recent Ubuntu kernel update, with IVTV 0.4.4 and mythtv 0.19.1, but
the new kernel appears to have broken it.  I moved up to the new IVTV
and mythtv SVN, but that didn't fix it.

Any ideas?

Thanks ,
-Dan