[mythtv-users] Record Multiple Channels on a Single Multiplex(using getstream)?

Brad Templeton brad+myth at templetons.com
Wed Jun 28 19:41:56 UTC 2006

On Wed, Jun 28, 2006 at 08:24:10PM +0100, Steve Daniels wrote:

> My thoughts exactly, although I haven't got what I originally mentioned
> doing up and running yet, I'm hopeful it will fill the gap between now and
> when Aaron manages to get the multiple recordings working for DVB
> multiplexes :-D

Well, you're not going to get a lot.  Typical multiplexes OTA are things
like 2 versions of the same station (SD and HD) or a main channel and a news
or weather channel.   Around here, the most useful multiplex with be PBS,
where they do 4-5 channels, one in HD of different PBS programming.  Can't
say I've ever seen any desire to see 2 of them at once.

If you could get a cable company with unencrypted QAM, that would be
a different story, since there will be 8 or more unrelated SDTV channels
on a single QAM channel, though again it will be the boring digital TV
channels, not something so nice as ABC, CBS and NBC on the same frequency.

If you really need to start recording 8 channels at once, you need to
get out more!