[mythtv-users] programs muting midway through

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Wed Jun 28 17:10:31 UTC 2006

Hi list:

I connect my PVR-350 to a comcast, motorolla STB and use a serial
cable to change channels.  The connection is via coaxial cable, not
s-vid+sound in.  I have an issue where sometimes a recorded program,
towards the end will become muted when watching back.  It is exclusive
to the program, and happens a specific spot (i.e., i can rewind and
hear sound, but there is no sound for the rest of the program).

I am not sure if it is exclusive to these programs, but only notice it
with rescue me and pardon the interrruption.  Fortunatly both shows
are aired several times, so I always set myth to record all showings
of PTI, and will be able to see rescue me again, but frustrating
indeed.

Anyone else have this problem?  It only happens a few times a month,
so not something I can reproduce and create logs or backtraces for.