[mythtv-users] Stuttering recordings :-(

Francesco Peeters Francesco at FamPeeters.com
Wed Jun 28 13:50:32 UTC 2006

On Sun, June 25, 2006 0:54, Nick said:
> On 24/06/06, Francesco Peeters <Francesco at fampeeters.com> wrote:
>> I have noticed something weird
>>
>> When I watch Live TV, the recordings produced are fine
>> When a scheduled recording starts while I am watching live tv, the tuner
>> switches to that channels and starts recording. The recording produced
>> is
>> fine
>> When I do not watch Live TV when a recording starts, the recording
>> stutters and jumps...
>>
>> The LiveTV (AND the Default too) profile is:
>> 352x576 MPEG-2 PS 2800/4800
>> (Audio MPEG-2 32k @ 384 kbps)
>
> Have you seen any errors when the stuttering appears in your frontend
> logfile? If you record your audio at 48kHz does the problem persist?
> Are you running a newer version of ivtv?
>
> Nick

I seem to have resolved the issue by deleting and re-defining the live-tv
and default profiles... (with exactly the same parameters as before!)

I'll have to check the HQ and LQ profiles next, but so far, so good...

--
Francesco Peeters
----