[mythtv-users] Record Multiple Channels on a Single Multiplex (using getstream)?

Paul Simpson paul at maggiandpaul.dnsalias.com
Wed Jun 28 11:18:18 UTC 2006

> On 6/24/06, Steve Daniels <steve.p.daniels at googlemail.com> wrote:
>> Ok,
>>
>> I REALLY want this feature, so doing a bit of searching I've stumbled
>> across
>> getstream.
>
> this is being worked on in SVN. I wouldn't be surprised if 0.20 supports
> it.

I've only just "discovered" Myth and the more I look at it, the more I
like it :-)

Let me get this right, are you guys saying that I could have a single
DVB-T, DVB-C or DVB-S card and then (if I have enough clients) watch EVERY
FTA channel at the same time? Does it then follow that I could
(potentially) record them all in Myth at the same time? What sort of
processing power would be needed? Could it run on a single machine or
would it be better to have one doing the streaming and a second as a
backend? (or multiple backends?)

I'm moving house shortly and intend to install Gb Ethernet throughout and
Myth for the household entertainment system.

I'm going to watch developments in this closely ;-)

--
Paul