[mythtv-users] I'm going mad obviously...lirc kernel Modules

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Wed Jun 28 09:31:35 UTC 2006

On Tue, Jun 27, 2006 at 03:54:25PM -0500, Douglas Wagner wrote:
> LIRC was working through MythTV as of 2 days ago.  I swear when I set this
> up 2 months ago that I saw lirc_serial loaded in lsmod.
>
> Yet here I am, 1 yum upgrade later:  lirc-kmdl* package does not exist.

That can only happen if some of your yum repos decided to
Conflict/Obsolete the lirc-kmdl or if there is a bug in yum.

So please be very careful with what yum suggests you to do and what
repositories you use. Also grep through /var/log/yum.log for any
"Erased: lirc-kmdl-..." lines.

Wrt support for 2.6.17 and lirc: 2.6.17 broke 25% of all kernel module
projects including lirc. I've been patching them up and resurrecting
them one by one, but not yet lirc. Other kmdls like ivtv bring out
more tears when missing :(
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net