[mythtv-users] How to uninstall Myth tv???

Ivan Kowalenko ivan.kowalenko at gmail.com
Wed Jun 28 07:12:53 UTC 2006

On Jun 28, 2006, at 01.42, Ramanraj Vamsi wrote:

> Hi,
> I am building Myth tv manually but after make command is executed
> it has given some errors.

Uhh, yeah, compiling isn't installing. If you want help with
compiling, we'll need the output of make.

> Though I uninstalled and reinstalled the Qt library it is not fixed
> as I prevoiusly installed Qt4.

Could you please clarify that? The way it's phrased is very confusing.

> I am working my stuff on Suse linux 10.0.
> Now I wanna uninstall the whole package and start from the first .I
> had n't installed Drivers yet!

Right, I assume since we're talking about packages, we're working
with RPMs. Just use the uninstall command for whatever package
manager you use. It should all be in the MAN page or with the --help
option.

However, if we're talking about from source, according to what you've
told us, you haven't installed ANYTHING yet.

> And I have to install the tuner card too.

Wait, install or UNinstall? If we're just talking about uninstalling
hardware, it's noting to really worry about, just pull it out.

If we're installing hardware, it's not hard. Depending on your card,
Linux should be pretty much ready to handle some video cards,
depending on how it's compiled. Some cards (like the Hauppauge
PVR-150, 250, 350, and 500 cards) requires additional packages, like
IVTV.

> Would I be get rid off the burden if I install using rpms?

Uhh, I assume making it EASIER to install MythTV if you use the RPMs?
Obviously it would, since with RPMs, we're talking about binaries
that are pretty much just copied onto your system.

> So, please suggest me hoe to proceed!

Check out the MythTV Documentation (http://www.mythtv.org/modules.php?
name=MythInstall) and the Wiki (http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/
Main_Page) for more information.