[mythtv-users] Mythbackend causing high load

Jeff_Logica jeff_logica at e-mailanywhere.com
Wed Jun 28 06:52:40 UTC 2006

>I have yet to get a hold of the ReiserFS guys, I think their mailing
>list is down right now.
>
>On Mon, 2006-06-26 at 23:29 -0400, Jeff wrote:
>> Interesting, I'm using ReiserFS as well.
>>
>> The problem had gone away for quite a while but it just reoccured
>> today when I was watching live TV and switching channels. Then the
>> subsequent recording showed the problem as well.

I not sure that it actually is relatd to ReiserFS, as I have the problem as
well.  The myth box had been running fine for the last few months, but
recently has started to display the same behaviour of mythbackend process
running at 99%.

I am also running Gentoo, on an AMD64.
Running Myth 0.18. (I had upgraded to 0.19, but downgraded back to 0.18 due
to the problems with 0.19 and dvb etc).

I don't think this behaviour started straight after the upgrade/downgrade, I
think it has only been more recent, so maybe it is prt of another library
etc that has been updated recently.

Box Specs:
MythTV 0.18 (Running both as a Front and Back end)
Gentoo - kernel 2.6.16-gentoo-r7
CPU - AMD64 (not sure of CPU speed, around 3500+ I think)
nVidia GeForce FX5200
nVidia Driver - x86_64 - 1.0-8756
Filesystem is xfs on an LVM (using LVM2)

Hope this is of some help to tracking down the problem.  I don't seem to get
any information in the logs when it starts to race.

Jeff.