[mythtv-users] mythtvsetup Error

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Jun 27 20:59:34 UTC 2006

On 06/27/2006 04:37 PM, Gregg wrote:
> I have to capture cards pvr250 and PcHDTV3000. the 250 is /dev/video
> and the 3000 is dvb.  After I set them up and hit esc to exit I get an
> error:
>
> Card 0 (type) is set to start on channel 2, which does not exist.
> Do you wnat to fix this problem?
>
> The 250 is setup as default tuner1 channel 3 and svideo is secondary.
> hd3000 set to start on 5_1.
>
> I would also like the 250 to be the default capture device. Currently
> it defaults to the hdtv300

Delete all your capture cards (with the "Delete all" button in
mythtv-setup) and then re-add them, but define the one you want as the
default first.  Also, make sure you don't specify the frontend setting:

Avoid conflicts between live TV and scheduled shows.
If enabled, live TV will choose a tuner card that is less likely to have
scheduled recordings rather than the best card available.

to ensure that both LiveTV and recordings use the preferred card first.

Mike