[mythtv-users] PCHDTV-5500 Sound and Contrast on ubuntu

Nathan Smith nsmith5 at umbc.edu
Tue Jun 27 14:45:08 UTC 2006

On Tue, 27 Jun 2006, Sam Leathers wrote:

> Nathan Smith wrote:

<snip>

> > Did you set the default mixer volume level in the setup?
> >
> No I didn't. Is this in the mythtv setup or elsewhere? The thing that
> seems odd is everytime the channel changes the capture volume goes down
> on the hdtv card.

Go to the setup in mythfrontend, and then go to either TV settings, or
General (I'm at work now, and can't remember the exactly sequence.. I'm
sure someone can correct me) It's the same page in setup that you can
enter your sound card device, along with the mixer device. Also are you
using ALSA? If so, make sure that your mixer is set to 'default' (without
quotes), without the ALSA: in front of it.

I've found that every time I change the channel, Myth changes the sound to
the default sound configuration in the setup. If you're having the same
problem, I think changing the sound (as told above) will fix the
problem.

> I also tried recording, instead of watching it live, and ran into more
> issues. I can setup a recording schedule, but the recordings don't make
> it to the upcoming recordings. I've tried scheduling from a frontend on
> my laptop, the frontend on the backend machine, and mythweb, all with
> the same result.

The first thing I'd check is that your computer's date is set correctly..
and what exactly do you mean by the recordings not making it to the
upcoming recordings?

Nate