[mythtv-users] LVM problem upgrading to FC5

Indulis Bernsteins indulis.b at au1.ibm.com
Mon Jun 26 19:40:01 UTC 2006

Argus,

I think you could try the "force" commands (after all how much worse can
it get ;-), but when you did the VGCREATE you did a lot more than just
remove a label from a PV (partition) as was written up in the blog, you
initialised all of the data structures related to the VG, and wrote it to
all of the PVs (LVs too??? dunno just guessing on this).  So unless you
can dig up a backup of those VG data structures I think you will be out of
luck.

Worth a try though!  Good luck...

Don't give up on LVM, the other day I wanted to get rid of a disk out of
my system, I just migrated the data to the new disk while the system was
online.  But yes you do need to think about what you're doing, playing
with LVM commands is like playing with partitioning commands.

Indulis