[mythtv-users] Myth and 64 bit OK? Seeing too many issues

Yan-Fa Li yanfali at gmail.com
Mon Jun 26 06:31:33 UTC 2006

On 6/23/06, Mark <list at onnow.net> wrote:

> I have set up several Mythboxes before no problem. ( 32 bit and PVR 250's )
>
> This time, I have an athlon 64 ( FC5 X64 version ) and a PVR 500.
>
> I am getting no where with this setup so far ( any volunteers for
> assistance? )
> If I rmmod ivtv and modprobe ivtv then I can capture raw off /dev/video0 and
> /dev/video1
> But then it seems to hang after a bit and I have to rmmod it.
>
> Should I just be going with the 32 bit OS?
>
> Some assistance to get past this would be appreciated.  I have never run
> into this many issues in the past.

I've been running a 64bit backend on FC4 for about a year, Jun 17th
2005 according to the timestamp of my /etc/issue.  I have a PVR250 and
a PVR150 running 2.6.16 and it's been a solid platform for me.  Are
you using the ATRPM IVTV drivers?

The CPU is a Athlon 64/3000 S754 on a SiS Motherboard.  Have you tried
the PVR500 on windows to see if it's not a card issue?

good luck,

Yan