[mythtv-users] Updated from SVN now nothing works

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Mon Jun 26 05:17:30 UTC 2006

On 26/06/06, Allan Wilson <allanwilson at gmail.com> wrote:
> I just checked out a new version of myth from the svn to see if it would fix
> some of my HD problems and now nothing runs I get the following error  when
> trying to run either the frontend or backend:
>
>   This app was compiled against libmyth version: 0.19.20060621-1
>                          but the library is version: 0.19.20060331-1
>                          You probably want to recompile everything, and do a
>                          'make distclean' first.
>
>  I tried running make distclean then recompiling and I tried removing the
> svn and the starting all over and always end up with the same message. Does
> anyone know how to fix this error? Thanks for the help

I seem to recall a similar message like this where the culprit was
existing libraries being used instead of the freshly compiled ones
from the build. You could try a 'make uninstall' or  editing the
Makefiles to not refer to the existing library location.

Nick

--
MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/