[mythtv-users] Help with Modelines

EJS ejshoor at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 25 20:05:09 UTC 2006

Hi,

I have a nvidia FX5200 video card that I using a
composite TV-out to a very old (+15 years) CRT TV. I
just upgraded from Myth 18/Fedora 3/nvidia driver 7667
to Myth 19/Fedora 4/nvidia driver 8187. Now my
recordings are all noticibly shifted right and down -
so much so that I can see the CC line at the top of
the screen. I can overscan to get rid of the cc line,
but I lose enough of the screen that I can no longer
see buttons on some setup windows. Ultimately, I would
like to create a modeline to shift the screen where it
should be, but I am not having much luck. First I
tried xvidtune, however adjustments to the modeline
did not make any changes to the screen location. Then
I tried Powerstrip, I noticed the pixel clock
generated by Powerstrip was 90.00 instead of
xvidtune's 40.00, but still adjustments to the timings
did not make a difference. I did check my xorg.0.log
and I know for certain that my custom modleline is
being selected. Verbose logging does not seem to
indicate anything obvious.

Anyone have any ideas?

I am also suspicious that it might actually be an ivtv
problem. For example, the cc line is also visible when
the recordings play in a window, Im pretty sure that
did not happen before the upgrade. Also, I think the
shifting only happens on certain channels.   I am
using a PVR-150 and just upgraded to ivtv 0.6.1 from
0.4.X.

Thanks for any help,