[mythtv-users] tv_grab_au 2.0

duckeo duckeo at gmail.com
Sun Jun 25 12:38:32 UTC 2006

I'm having issues with the Javascript perl module.

I'm stuck installing the Javascript libraries from Mozilla, the
instructions included with the package appear out of date?

According to instructions over at
http://lxr.mozilla.org/mozilla/source/js/src/README.html#Build , I've
done this:
1) Extract package from
ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/js/js-1.5.tar.gz into home
directory
2) Inside js/src/ I've done: gmake -f Makefile.ref which completed fine
3) executed perl -MCPAN -e shell
4) 'install JavaScript' returns a bunch of errors, starting with:
JavaScript.xs:7:19: jsapi.h: No such file or directory - which I
presume means problems with the library?

you need to install two things.
One is the Mozilla javascript libraries
The other one is the JavaScript interface for perl

http://search.cpan.org/~claesjac/JavaScript-0.55/

all you need and how to install it is described there:
http://search.cpan.org/src/CLAESJAC/JavaScript-0.55/README

JY