[mythtv-users] Myth and 64 bit OK? Seeing too many issues

Teruel de Campo MD chusty at attglobal.net
Sat Jun 24 01:02:14 UTC 2006

1. TUNER SETUP:

Download the video frequencies:

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/ivtv/Video-Frequencies-0.03.tar.gz?download

Download the video
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/ivtv/Video-ivtv-0.13tar.gz?download

Download the config-ini files
http://search.cpan.org/CPAN/authors/id/W/WA/WADG/Config-IniFiles-2.38.tar.gz
need it to run ptune)

2. LOAD THE FIRMWARE

#depmod -ae
#modprobe ivtv

if you do not load the firmware when you try to install the perl modules
like Video-ivtv-0.13 it will complain that video0 does not exis  ++++

3. DO THE INSTALLATIONS

Config-IniFiles-2.38
Video-Frequencies-0.03
Video-ivtv-0.13

in each new source directory do the following

# perl Makefile.PL
# make
# make test
# make install

Sometimes the make test will not find the file; its ok

3. TEST THE INSTALLATION.

Load tuner:

cd to the ~/mm/ivtv-0.6.3/utils/perl

$ perl ptune-ui.pl

now you should see the graphic tuner.

Load the tv application

$ mplayer /dev/video0

if you have problem droping frames or closing the application add some
cache like

$mplayer -cache 8192 /dev/video0

4. ETC

I did not include the installation of ivtv neither mplayer

In my system running SuSE 10.1 64 mythtv is working perfect. BTW I have
not had any problems with SuSE 64 in any place except in faad2 trying to
decode itunes.

Regards,

-=terry(Denver)=-