[mythtv-users] Using a Tivo Chassis for Myth

Gavin Haslett gavin at nodecaf.net
Thu Jun 22 19:18:15 UTC 2006

Theoretically quite possible... and I have a Series 2 sitting in my
garage I've considered this idea with. Th only problem I see is that the
chassis is not set up for a custom machine. Cooling might become a
problem rapidly, as would the fact that you'd need a PCI riser to get
the encoding card in there. I'd be worried about heat inside that little
case because of crappy air flow. Remember, the Tivo case is designed for
the lightweight CPU on the default mobo... along with all the custom
hardware. That lot doesn't generate much heat.

Good luck if you're going to try and make in noiseless... you'll need at
least one fan.

All in all, I think you'd be better off buying a "proper" PC case styled
like a component... but hey, what do I know? :)

Gavin