[mythtv-users] mythfilldatabase not seeing new channels in Zap2It Lineup

Jerry Rubinow jerrymr at gmail.com
Thu Jun 22 14:27:47 UTC 2006

On 6/22/06, Chris Gentle <gentlec at hiwaay.net> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 22, 2006 at 09:29:34AM -0400, Jerry Rubinow wrote:
> > I ran into this and used "--do-channel-updates --source-id 2
> > --max-days 1", where "2" was the source id of the new channel lineup,
> > and it added the channels for the new source.  After that, a regular
> > mythfilldatabase would add new data to the existing channels.  I used
> > max-days just to get it done quickly to verify that it worked.  I'm
> > not sure whether this is strictly necessary.
>
> I ran "--do-channel-updates --sourceid 2" as you suggested and that
> worked.  That's strange though, I did the same thing earlier without
> the "--sourceid 2" and it didn't work.  Maybe I did something wrong
> the first time.
>
> Thanks for your help.

It didn't work for me either without the --sourceid 2.  I was actually
reconstructing a database from scratch and I had three lineups, and it
only loaded the first one.  So I had to do one mythfilldatabase with
sourceid 2, and another with sourceid 3 before I had all the channels.

You're welcome.

-Jerry