[mythtv-users] Backend connects but no tv / listings - possible database corruption?

Christopher Friend christopher_friend at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 22 09:12:19 UTC 2006

I recon it's the database, running

mysqlcheck -p -r -u mythtv mythconverg program

hangs, the others seem to be ok. So I tried to restore the database, only to
get even more problems.

mysql -u root -p
drop database mythconverg;

that hangs too. the screen just stays blank, no output at all, no hard drive
activity. same for "create database mythconverg;" and trying to restore the
old one. so now i can't access anything.

Only thing I can think of now is to go start from scratch again on my new
suse 10.1 install. I was waiting for 0.19.1 but oh well... hopefully it'll
take less than the 2 months it took to set up last time.

Christopher