No subject

Sat Jun 17 03:19:28 UTC 2006

channel and 29 is ABC's ATSC (digital) channel.  That means that
during an ATSC scan, you should get NO LOCK for channel 28, but a
good, solid LOCK for channel 29.

I can comfirm that expectation because here in the Rochester, MN,
area, FOX has 47 for analog and 46 for digital.  When the scan for
ATSC channels runs, I see NO LOCK for 47, but a solid LOCK for 46.

This may seem a bit confusing, but I'm sure you should see the LOCK
for channel 29.  After the scan completes, you should see channels
28.1 and 28.2 (or 281 and 282) in MythTV's Channel Editor.  When you
run the Scan under the Channel Editor, there should be an option for
you to choose how you want the channels to be listed.  Choices are
period(.), underscore(_), and nothing, as I remember.

So, when you enter the Starting Channel (on whatever page of all
MythTV's options it appears on), you should enter whatever you chose
just prior to the scan.  It won't be "28", rather it will be "281",
"28.1", "28_1", whatever you chose.

I recommend going into mythtv-setup (or mythtvsetup, whichever), then
Channel Editor, then Scan, and be sure to choose the ATSC scan for
your HD3000 card.  You can delete all the channels before a scan, just
the NTSC channels, or just the ATSC channels by selecting one of these
choices in the box next to the delete button.

All of the forgoing assumes that you are using MythTV 0.19.  If you
are still on 0.18, then you may have delete the channels in some other
way.

So, consider the above, give it a try and see if you can get a digital
signal from channel 29.

Good Luck.

--
MM