[mythtv-users] HD3000 No Signal

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Wed Jun 21 17:30:26 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-06-21 at 12:27 -0400, Frank Armstrong wrote:

> i'm getting a lock when i scan and a real good signal strenght, so i'm
> not sure why it's not displaying...

For what it's worth, I've got the same problem now. I can run the
qamscan.sh script to create a channels.conf file, and I can use azap to
tune those channels and it says it has a lock, but when I run

mplayer -vo xv -nosound /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0

it just sits there, it never even brings up a window. It's like there is
nothing there. At one point I had it semi-working, where it would
display but it was breaking up and hesitating constantly (which people
on the list said may be due to RF interference from the power supply or
other cards), but now (after dozens of reboots while I was
unsuccessfully trying to get firewire to work), it doesn't work at all.
I haven't had time to go back and look into it in detail, but it's
interesting to hear that someone else is seeing the same thing, although
it may not really be the same cause of the problem.

--Greg