[mythtv-users] Is there a distributed filesystem available?

Tony Lill ajlill at ajlc.waterloo.on.ca
Tue Jun 20 03:16:40 UTC 2006

I think your main problem is the directory heirarchy imposed by the
coda design is incompatable with the flat filespace that mythtv
wants. I'm sure that you can get around that with symlinks, but if you
go that route, then you may as well use automount and nfs. That's what
I'm using, and, aside from not being able to use autoexpire, it works
pretty good.

Also, from what I can gather, coda is a client/server system, and
while there's probably not any technical reason that you can't run
both on one system, the caching fuctionality would be wastfull of disk
space.

If you don't find anything better, check with me in a few months, I
may have a working filesystem ready for testing.
--
Tony Lill,                         Tony.Lill at AJLC.Waterloo.ON.CA
President, A. J. Lill Consultants        fax/data (519) 650 3571