[mythtv-users] Is there a distributed filesystem available?

Thom Paine painethom at gmail.com
Tue Jun 20 02:24:38 UTC 2006

I thought reiser or jfs supported shrinking of a partition. My problem
is I have 1.2TB for my /video partition and I am unable to shrink it
with xfs. In order to make this fault tolerant or at least able to
save recordings in the event of a drive failure, I need to create a
whole new partition and move my /video over to the new drive array and
then reuse my discs in a better way rather than straight xfs on lvm.

I'm going to be going back to raid 5 as I miss it and the ease of
rebuilding a degraded array.

--
-=/>Thom