[mythtv-users] Up/Down arrows don't change the channel

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Jun 20 01:36:10 UTC 2006

On 06/19/2006 05:16 PM, Chad wrote:

>On 6/18/06, Michael Sullivan <michael at espersunited.com> wrote:

>>>You are in "browse" mode.  In your settings you can change that.
>>>

>>Is it in frontend settings or backend?  I looked through the frontend
>>settings, and I didn't see anything that said "browse mode" or anything
>>similar to that.
>>
>In the frontend, go to Setup --->  Setup ---> TV Settings ---->
>General, in there on the first screen:
>Change channels immediately without select
>
>That's what I refer to as "browse mode" ;-)
>
>Select it to get the desired results you want.

Actually, that doesn't enable/disable "browse mode."  (I know, there are
way too many settings to keep track of--at least until Justin works his
magic. ;)  That would be used such that if a user types 20 (and doesn't
have any channels in the 200-209 or 2000-2099 or ... ranges), Myth will
automatically change channels without waiting for select.  From the
settings:

Change channels immediately without select
When a complete channel number is entered MythTV will switch to that
channel immediately without requiring you to hit the select button.

The setting for "browse mode" is:

Always use Browse mode when changing channels in LiveTV
If enabled, Browse mode will automatically be activated whenever you use
Channel UP/DOWN while watching Live TV.

and can be found under Playback on the page, "On-screen display" (I
think it's page 8).

Mike