[mythtv-users] Problem starting mythbackend

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Mon Jun 19 23:05:44 UTC 2006

On 19/06/06, Chris Wilkinson <blobster at tpg.com.au> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I just installed SuSE 10.1, and consequently needed to re-install
> MythTV 0.19, which I had working flawlessly on SuSE 10.0. I've
> installed the MythTV 0.19 for SuSE 10.1 from packman...
>
> If I use the YaST services manager and try to start mythbackend it
> tells me it needs to start hald and network, which are both already
> running. It then prints a message stating "program not configured".
> If I try to run it from the CLI it sits forever after a message,
> 'Seem to be woken up by USER'...
>
> MySQL and xmltv are working fine, and my IP settings and port are
> as desired. I haven't managed to get lirc working yet, but the backend
> should run without that I believe.
>
> Anyone have any clues to solve this wee puzzle? :-)

As a non-SUSE user I can't offer specific advice, but I'd check to see
if the backend is writing to its logfile before halting, as there may
be useful messages here.

Are you using LIRC to control any external devices? I guess it's
possible that if a LIRC script called by the backend to change channel
failed it could affect the backend startup. For remote controls
however, the frontend is the responsible party.

Nick

--
MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/