[mythtv-users] mythtv dead after network move. again.

Christopher Friend christopher_friend at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 19 17:40:23 UTC 2006

hey guys. moved network again. and mythtv's messed up again.

last time it was a case of setting a static ip and changing mythtv-setup
options to 127.0.0.1 where appropriate.

i'm now back on a different connection, just a set-top box connected to a
network card via ethernet cable. internet works with the card being set to
auto dhcp stuff all round. i've tried setting the myth ip to 127.0.0.1 and
localhost and the best i can get is mythweb loading and showing my
previously recorded programs but the backend status won't load and the
upcoming recordings screen has nothing. mythtv starts and will let me browse
previous recordings but won't show tv or upcoming recordings. sometimes
mythweb'll give an error about not being connected to backend cos it can't
find 127.0.0.1/localhost, even if i can get apache error pages if i go to to
just localhost.

someone wanna remind me what i'm forgetting about to fix it?

christopher