[mythtv-users] Preset channel for external tuner not correct

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Jun 19 12:08:11 UTC 2006

On 06/19/2006 07:57 AM, John T. Nissley wrote:

> I have an external turner that I use from my cable company and send
> the output of that tuner which is on channel 3 to the PVR-150 I have
> in my mythtv 0.19-128 system running on Fedora 5. “I have the preset
> channel to” option set to “3” but when I go to watch live TV the
> channel on the external tuner changes channels but I get snow on the TV.

There have been several discussions (
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/188083#188083 ,
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/191506#191506 ,
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/193785#193785,
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/207211#207211 ) where
people said that the "Preset tuner to channel" option is not working in
0.19. I may look into it sometime, but it's very low priority since I
don't use RF-modulated input and there's a /very/ simple workaround: put
the following line in your channel change script:

ivtv-tune -c3 -d/dev/video0

Mike