[mythtv-users] tv_grab_au - W Channel

Paul Neilson neilson.paul at gmail.com
Sat Jun 17 06:08:54 UTC 2006

The problem is with the way find_channel matches the channel heading. For
channels like W  it will also match any other channel that starts with a W (
e.g. The Weather Channel).  Also,  currently if no channel is found then it
will return the last channel,  which for me is 'W'

In the latest version 060617 of Michael's tv_grab_au the function is at line
439.  Here is my suggested change which has worked fine for me since
January.

sub find_channel {
  my $chan_heading   my $channel;
  for (sort { length($b) <=> length($a) } keys %chanid) {
    if ( index(lc $chan_heading, lc $_) = 0 )
    {
 $channel  last;
    }
  }
  return $channel;
}

#sub find_channel {
#  my $chan_heading #  my $channel;
#  for (sort { length($b) <=> length($a) } keys %chanid) {
#    $channel #  }
#  return $channel;
#}

Paul