[mythtv-users] Using Myth w/o X running on TV-out

James Carrig james.carrig at gmail.com
Fri Jun 16 15:33:51 UTC 2006

Thanks for the clarification, that is exactly what I wanted to know.

BTW, I had an X-desktop running simultaneously on my monitor and TV-out for
4 days.  Looked and felt great, but it stopped working last night before I
finished following Jarod's guide.  Some of the packages I tried to install
couldn't be found by yum (tveeprom-ivtv, nvidia*kmdl*,..) so I did the minor
upgrade from 2.6.16-1.2111_FC4 to 2.6.16-1.2115_FC4 hoping it would help if
the release numbers matched.  [I am not a yum guru.]  Restoring my
xorg.conffile]  didn't get X back for me.  Salt in the wound, this was
all to get
"rhgb boot screen" to load (according to the guide) and I still don't know
what the "rhgb boot screen" is.  If it turns out to be something like "Red
Hat Grub Bootloader" then I did this all for nothing.

Given that my system was completely fresh, I conclude that this package
system seems to have some serious flaws.  Would compiling everything from
source be more reliable?

-Jim