[mythtv-users] improve frontend usability: FWD and REW

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Jun 16 14:30:37 UTC 2006

On 06/16/2006 08:56 AM, catfish wrote:
> > Currently, if you start entering numbers, Mythfrontend thinks that you
> > are entering a channel number... not likely if you're watching a
> > recorded show. I thought that it would be helpful if I could enter
> > 2-4-0-FWD and have it fast forward 240 seconds, or 4 minutes. Same
> > thing for reverse. What do you think? Might be less intrusive than a
> > menu. The existing functionality of the FFWD key would remain the
> > same.
>
> That is close to how it's working now (at least in 0.19) except it's in
> minutes instead of seconds. Enter in 75-Fwd (75right) it will jump ahead
> 1h 15m,

Or, enter 1-1-5-RIGHT and it will jump ahead 1hr 15min.
Or, enter 2-1-5-RIGHT and it will jump ahead 2hr 15min.

Note that 9-9-RIGHT is 1hr 39min and 1-0-0-RIGHT is 1 hr, so I recommend
using minutes up to 59 and then hrs and minutes above that (otherwise it
can be confusing).

>  24-Rev (24left) will jump back 24 minutes, 60-Info (60I) will
> jump to the 1hr mark from the beginning.

Or 2-RWNDSTICKY ("<") will jump to 2 minutes from the start of the
recording.
Or 2-FFWDSTICKY (">") will jump to 2 minutes from the end of the
recording (great for checking to see if you got the end of a show before
watching).
Or JUMPBKMRK ("K") will jump to the bookmark.

Mike