[mythtv-users] Immir tv_grab_au again!

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Fri Jun 16 08:42:28 UTC 2006

> My immir tv_grab_au got serious problems last night. It spat out the following errors and
> overwrote my guide data with programmes without title's, subtitles and descriptions.
> Obviously the scheduler has now gone a bit nuts! Anyone else seeing this and/or fixed this?

Have a look at http://wiki.dvbowners.com/index.php/JRobbo%27s_EPG_Guides
for another option.

You can do something similar to this to get the XML into the format
you need and then run mythfilldatabase. This basically substitutes in
the XMLTV IDs you need for your setup (all one line)

wget http://www.jrobbo.com/xmltvfull/xmltvSydney.zip
--output-document=- | zcat | sed 's/SBS News/news\.sbs\.com\.au/g ;
s/Channel Seven Sydney/sydney\.seven\.com\.au/g ; s/Network TEN
Sydney/sydney\.ten\.com\.au/g ; s/SBS Sydney/sydney\.sbs\.com\.au/g ;
s/ABC2/abc2\.abc\.gov\.au/g ; s/Channel Nine
Sydney/sydney\.nine\.com\.au/g ; s/ABC NSW/nsw\.abc\.gov\.au/g' >
~mythtv/.xmltv/tvlistings_dvbowners.xml

This data seems to be OK.

Regards,
Phill