[mythtv-users] Feature Idea: ZeroConf Integration?

Nick Rout nick at rout.co.nz
Fri Jun 16 03:47:12 UTC 2006

On Thu, 15 Jun 2006 23:04:54 -0400
George Nassas wrote:

> On Thu, 15 Jun 2006 20:54:28 -0500 Ivan Kowalenko wrote:
>
> >> could it be possible to configure Myth (and some of the Myth modules)
> >> to utilize ZeroConf (A.K.A. Bonjour/Rendezvous, mDNS)? Backends could
>
> There is a Summer of Code project to enable ZeroConf for myth. See
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/SoC2006
>
> On 15-Jun-06, at 10:42 PM, Nick Rout wrote:
>
> > Another option is uPnP A/V which has a number of adherents for
>
> An initial implementation of uPnP was checked into svn recently. See
> http://svn.mythtv.com/trac/ticket/1495
>
> You can always learn which ideas people have considered by searching
> the archives here: http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/

yes but i hadn't searched it for upnp lately and didn't know about the
developments in that area. Excellent!

I guess not being on the dev list means i miss that stuff. (I cannot
even read everything on this list. It's busier than gentoo-user, and
thats saying something!)
--
Nick Rout <nick at rout.co.nz>