[mythtv-users] Mythbackend causing high load

Jeff jeff3140 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 16 02:26:15 UTC 2006

I'm having the same kind of problem but with a PVR card. I find that
the box can be running for some undetermined amount of time and
recordings will be fine. At some point, occasionally in the middle of
a recording, mythbackend will go up to about 95-100% cpu and stay
there. I will start getting the IOBOUND errors from the write thread
and the video will stutter on playback.

Sometimes the problem doesn't show up for a few days, sometimes it
shows up immediatly after a reboot.

I was wondering if only Athlon users were running into this but I
noticed a few Pentium people seem to have the problem as well. This
system was happy when it was running 0.16 and the problem started when
it was upgraded to 0.19. Of course everything else got upgraded at the
same time.

I have disabled APIC
(http://collectivity.goof.com/articles/2006/04/17/mythtv-high-cpu-usage-resolved-for-the-time-being)
and it appeard to help at first but the problem has returned.