[mythtv-users] MythDVD Perfect rip failures

Anduin Withers awithers at anduin.com
Thu Jun 15 22:16:24 UTC 2006

> In each case,
> the
> rip proceeds for a while (anywhere from 5% to 70%), before the "nothing to
> do" screen comes up.  Here is a representative segment from mtd.log:

There is currently no way to get libdvdread to "try again" without starting
over. If someone were to beat me to a patch that would attempt to resume a
failed rip I'd be happy to look at it, otherwise any mtd stuff is down on my
list after mythvideo fixes.

It is a little unusual to see vobcopy succeed where mtd fails (they are
doing pretty much the same thing, with the same library). It is more common
to be lucky with one and then assume the other is simply broken.

--
Anduin Withers