[mythtv-users] Not able to watch or record video

David Highley dhighley at highley-recommended.com
Thu Jun 15 03:02:18 UTC 2006

"Harald Overas wrote:"
> Hi
>
> I had problems changing channels in mythtvfrontend. But I was no problem
> playing recorded programs. If you have this problem you can try to use the
> latest ivtv cvs release
> >From ivtv-user mail list
>
> *I'd like people to have a go with the 0.4.6 and 0.6.3 development
> snapshots available here:*
>
> *0.4.6:
> **http://ivtvdriver.org/viewcvs/ivtv/branches/0.4.tar.gz?view=tar*<http://ivtvdriver.org/viewcvs/ivtv/branches/0.4.tar.gz?view=tar>
>
> *0.6.3:
> **http://ivtvdriver.org/viewcvs/ivtv/branches/0.6.tar.gz?view=tar*<http://ivtvdriver.org/viewcvs/ivtv/branches/0.6.tar.gz?view=tar>

No go, for this version. It looked like it was going to work as I was
able to view a channel but when I tried switching channels it hung and
the mythbackend.log had an entry saying the ivtv driver stopped
responding.

I also tried viewing channels using ivtv-tune and mplayer. The first
tuner seemed to work. Mplayer hung on the second tuner and I had to
reboot the system.

So went back and tried version 0.6.2 with the latest version of myth and
yesterdays kernel update, 2.6.16-1.2133_FC5. I was able to watch a
channel in myth but when I tried to change channels it also hung.

Finally I found another interesting bug.
2006-06-14 19:48:10.635 AutoExpire: ERROR when trying to autoexpire
file: /export/home/recordings/1057_20060614052427.mpg. File doesn't
exist.  Database metadata will not be removed.
2006-06-14 19:48:10.637 AutoExpire: ERROR when trying to autoexpire
file: /export/home/recordings/1002_20060614052514.mpg. File doesn't
exist.  Database metadata will not be removed.
2006-06-14 19:48:10.637 AutoExpire: ERROR when trying to autoexpire
file: /export/home/recordings/1002_20060614052515.mpg. File doesn't
exist.  Database metadata will not be removed.

Myth seems to be having issues deleting files and it keeps logging
messages. I wonder how long it will take before it fills up the root
drive logging these messages. You delete them in the web page and wait a
few seconds and they come back.