[mythtv-users] 32khz AC3 Streams was: Sound problem with AC3 passthrough

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Thu Jun 15 02:48:03 UTC 2006

One odd thing I did notice on my newly installed system using xine for
MythVideo playback, is that if I play back a video with AC3 audio
(e.g. a vob or avi) then xine will complain that the audio device is
in use (even with dmix-digital mixing, artsd off). If however I open
the file immediately in the open xine interface, it plays without any
problems. Any ideas about this unrelated problem?

The strange thing is that using xine to play DVDs through MythTV does
not have any problems (same audio config) and Dolby Digital sounds
comes out immediately.

Nick

--
MythTV Official wiki: