[mythtv-users] Black and White Capture with VStream XPert

jonny Linux jonnylinux at gmail.com
Wed Jun 14 10:32:55 UTC 2006

I think I may have solved part of the problem, but I think it could be a bug
within MythTV (SVN from about a week ago).

I tried an S-Video input with tvtime this morning, and the result was in
colour. I then switched to a composite input, and that was also in colour.

I then tried to view the video in MythTV, and the picture was B/W. I then
went back to tvtime, which was then also in B/W. I adjusted the Brightness,
Contrast and Saturation values but none of them produced a colour picture.
Then I selected "Reset global defaults", and the picture went to colour
again!

Now everytime I view the input in MythTV, the picture is black and white,
and I can't get a colour picture again until I go back to "Reset Global
Defaults" in MythTV.

Does anybody know what the problem is?

Thanks,

Jonny