[mythtv-users] Myth packages for ubuntu?

Daniel Carter dantheperson at gmail.com
Tue Jun 13 23:41:33 UTC 2006

On 6/13/06, casey dunn <casey.dunn at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6/6/06, Daniel Carter <dantheperson at gmail.com> wrote:
> > But every single time i install a new package or upgrade, unbuntu will
> > go and run the myth-database post-install script again and complain
> > that some packages failed to install.
> >
> > How can i tell ubuntu to stop trying to run that script?
> >

>    The easiest way to make it go away is to temporarly make mythtv's mysql
> password blank.  I just ignore it.

OK, so i've set the password to be blank.

I can now login with mysql -u root or mysql -u root -p and just
pressing enter at the password prompt.

However, it still fails to install. Any ideas?

sudo dpkg-reconfigure --force mythtv-database
Failed to connect to database: Access denied for user
'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES) at -e line 5, <> line 1.
Failed to create database (incorrect admin username/password?)
If you supplied incorrect information, try:
dpkg-reconfigure --force mythtv-database