[mythtv-users] DVB-T Tuning weirdness UK - Crystal Palace

Murray Peterson murray at orcas.net
Tue Jun 13 23:21:26 UTC 2006

Hi All,

Not sure if this is the correct forum for uk-specific stuff but here
goes: I'm new :)

I have recently upgraded my myth box from 0.18.1 to the 0.19 release. I am
using RedHat FC4.  The upgrade went fine apart from a few lip-sync
problems which I still need to sort out...

Since my original tuning last year there have been some new channels
added, and after the upgrade I decided that it would be a good idea to
re-tune.

The problem that I have is that when performing a full scan it seems to be
pot-luck which mux's the machine will see.  Performing additional scans
sometimes results in mythtv-setup realising that it already knows about a
channel, and sometimes adding the channel to the list again. and again.

And it's very seldom that I will see muxa (I think - the one with five,
and the pay channels) and putting in the relevant tuning parameters myth
does see some transport streams, but I never get any services presented.

my box setup:
old compaq p4, lots of ram
big disc - 250GB, and a 20GB to spin up when burning dvd's.
3x avermedia dvb-t 771's
homebrew vga-scart rgb+16:9  cable
video card that will do 50Hz Interlaced (nvidia I think)

Oh, And I have tried tuning with only the one receiver.

Anyhow, any help would be greatly appreciated - up until may I had a
rock-solid myth box that would happily work away with months between
reboots. :)

TIA

Muzz