[mythtv-users] Extracting QAM streams outside of Myth

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Tue Jun 13 20:17:06 UTC 2006

On Jun 13, 2006, at 2:13 PM, Preston Crow wrote:

> I've got Myth recording from QAM, but in going through and looking for
> channels, I see dvbtraffic reporting a number of different streams,
> and
> I would like to be able to save a bit of each stream and try to figure
> out what it is.  (Might some of the low-bandwidth streams have useful
> data?)

You can tune the card with azap or the like and then just save the
output of the device to a file, or just watch it directly with
mplayer or your favorite substitute.

I found that on my cable system there were a *lot* of "digital music"
channels which had video that only changed when the song did,
resulting in very low apparent bandwidth.