[mythtv-users] Need help with TV Out card

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Tue Jun 13 01:27:51 UTC 2006

On Jun 12, 2006, at 7:18 PM, lanas wrote:

> On Sun, 11 Jun 2006 06:41:23 -0400
> lanas <lanas at securenet.net> wrote:
>
>>   I'm setting up a MythTV box and I'm not sure if the video card I
>> got works with the mainboard.
>>
>>   The mainboard is an ASUS P4SP-MX micro ATX.
>>
>>   The video/TV out card is an ATI X700 Pro AGP.
>
> Since there were no answer to this query, I guess this is a definite
> no-no hardware match.  Hopefully I can return the video card to the
> store and exchange it for another.
>
> Can someone tell me which AGP video card with TV out I can get for
> this
> ASUS P4SP-MX mainboard ?
>
> Or should I start fresh with a different micro ATX mainboard ?
>
> Can someone tell me a microATX mainboard and video card combination
> that
> works with MythTv ?  I already have a Hauppage PVR500 card for tuner.
>
> Thanks for any suggestion, idea, etc..

If you look over the list archives you will find that cards based on
the nVidia 5200 GPU are extremely popular and not expensive, just
about all of them have TV out.

Of course the decision on what to use is yours, but if you do run
into trouble it's always nice to have a large base of folks using the
same hardware.