[mythtv-users] Using Myth w/o X running on TV-out

James Carrig james.carrig at gmail.com
Mon Jun 12 22:49:58 UTC 2006

Is Myth usable on a monitor + TV system without getting X to run on
the TV-out?  What is it like / what am I giving up?  What if the
monitor is not in the same room as the TV?

I am asking because I plan to use MythTV only part-time and:

1) I don't want to give up running X on my monitor
2) I can't get the ivtv driver ivtvdev_drv.o to load (a whole nother post)
3) I see from Jeff's post below that it might not be satisfying
anyway.  Very disappointing because that is not what is advertised
when people say X is multi-headed.

Fairly open question, I know.  Thanks.

-jc