[mythtv-users] best wireless controller/gamepad

Josh Burks dotnofoolin at gmail.com
Mon Jun 12 15:04:52 UTC 2006

On 6/11/06, John Goulah <jgoulah at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  I use mythgame a lot as a frontend to various emulators, mostly fceu.  My
> USB controller (old thrustmaster) works great, but I have been trying to
> reduce all the wires going across the floor.  I recently purchased an older
> Logitech cordless and also a thrustmaster wireless controller both of which
> are giving pretty flaky results.  I'm wondering if anyone out there has
> found a really great wireless usb controller that works perfectly on linux.
> The main problem with mine are that a) not all the buttons configure
> properly, b) buttons configure but game freezes after playing a while, c)
> buttons configure but dont control well (ie. pressing up sometimes makes the
> guy go left, etc). I've tried calibrating the controller but it doesn't seem
> to help much.  Has anyone found a really good controller so I dont have to
> keep buying controller after controller only to find they really dont work?

I hear that the Logitech Cordless Rumblepad 2
(http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,CRID=2225,CONTENTID=9069)
works well. I have the non-wireless, non-rumble version (the
Dual-Action), and it works great for my zsnes gaming. I just plugged
it in, configured it in zsnes, and was gaming away. I'm running Ubuntu
Breezy, which detected it no problem.

Josh