[mythtv-users] Taking a Load Off DataDirect ???

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Jun 12 01:36:51 UTC 2006

On 06/11/2006 09:26 PM, Brian Wood wrote:
> I suspect a lot of us run multiple Myth systems. No real reason for
> more than one in our home, but perhaps for friends, family, enemies etc.
>
> I suspect that in many if not most of these cases the channel lineups
> are the same.
>
> How about a way to share the schedule data with multiple machines? My
> Mom's or Brother's machine could be pointed at mine to obtain data,
> taking some load off DataDirect.
>
> In major markets there might be dozens if not hundreds of Myth
> systems, maybe a "local repeater" could service those machines?
>
> Or maybe Datadirect would not like that,

right

>  losing the information they
> obtain from their survey?
>
> I guess it depends on how much of a problem the server load is for
> DD, and I can't answer that of course.
>
> But it's just an idea...

 From the license agreement ( click "New User? Sign-Up" at
http://labs.zap2it.com/ )

You shall not without TMS' prior written consent:
(i) Redistribute or republish the Licensed Data;
(iii) Reproduce, distribute, modify, post or create derivative works
based on the Licensed Data;

So, I guess they'd prefer to work out their own resource issues rather
than have us help.  :)

Mike